Spring Dapper Day 2014

On February 23rd, I attended my 3rd Dapper Day. (yes I went to last falls, I just never blogged about it. Oops.)

It was an interesting day all around. It was very packed that day, and I got a bit overwhelmed with the crowds, so I stole a friend and broke away quite a lot.

Dress

I acquired some yellow synthetic from a friend and made the dress as per the instructions, with the exception of shortening the bodice, skirt, and sleeves. (I'm fairly short). The pattern is Advance 9925.

Erin and I

I ran off with my sweet friend Erin for a bit to get some air, and to hop on the monorail, something I hadn't done in about 20 years.

On a Vespa

We ran around the Grand Californian for a bit, contemplated buying a Vespa and did some shopping.

Aimee and I

IMG_4166
(photo from Jets stream)
I ran into my friends Aimee and Jet and snagged pictures with them.

Acquisitions

Then we all piled in the car and headed back home. I only made one purchase from the Dapper Day boutiques, and it's those gloves. They are nice creme color, with pale yellow piping, and were made in West Germany!
I also snagged a parasol from New Orleans square, and was gifted a tie and pocket square from a sweet acquaintance from SDCC.

I can't wait for the next time I hit up Disney -cough- next week -cough-, and I totally can't wait for my next Dapper Day.





Labels: , , , , ,