Getting some sewing done

I meant to have this up a couple days ago, only to realize I hadn't even written the post. Woopsie!

Well, after buying Gertie's book, I said to myself, I need to make more clothes. I noticed I feel more confident in something I've made, and a confident Carla is the best Carla to be around!  And I've had a few suggestions to show off my sewing on the blog, soo, here we go!

Blouse

This is the blouse I'm making. It's more a summery blouse, but San Diego doesn't grasp that it's fall, and shouldn't be 80 degrees still. I'm using a blue cotton I bought at Joann's ages ago.

Blouse dart

After I traced the patterns on muslin, I marked all the appropriate things from the pattern piece.

Pseudo Tailors Tacks

I sort-of misread how to properly do tailor's tacks. I would have asked my mom, but she was napping, so I winged it.

Oh, oops

Oops, see the second blue piece of fabric? It's also supposed to have white threads on it as well. But I figured it out in the end. Mom will have to explain again, but I should have made the loopies much longer.

Ironing!

Guys, I don't know why, but I honestly don't mind ironing when it comes to sewing things. I only pull my iron out if I absolutely have to iron out a shirt or pants, but it only stays put till I'm sewing. Do any of you other sewists do the same?

I have the buttonholes in the blouse now, but it was almost impossible to photograph! On the next set of photos, you'll see them!

Are any of you guys sewing anything?


Labels: ,