Skill + 1UP




Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet (can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?

Be warned, this is another wordy post xD;

Hmm This time last year, I was knitting things in the round inside out. Just beginning to learn to cable. Starting Intarsia. Crocheting amigurumi inside out.

Yeahhh.

Now I'm slowly getting better with things. I'm still figuring how to properly wrap my color changes with intarsia. I can crochet faster. I finally learned how to make Granny Squares, and many other things I've forgotten. But the one things I miss about the way I used to work, is I would finish things faster.
I took a peak at some of my old FO's on Ravelry, and I saw objects finished in about 3 days. While I was in school mind you! Some huge force and drive just pushed to to not stop until the object was finished. Now, not so much. I'll procrastinate on things for days/weeks/ or months at a time. Unless it's something small and compact(an amigurumi, or wrist warmers), it won't get much of my time. And that bothers me a bit.
But it could be I'm over-working myself with school, and a hobby, and I just need to slow down and take a breather.
I'm looking forward to learning new techniques this year.

Thanks for reading this quickly scribbled out mess. I might re-write it more eloquently later on.

Take Care, and Happy Crafting

Labels: ,