Staring at pretty things.

On the 13th, I visited near-by Balboa Park to do some walking, and observing lovely things.

Flowers
I did a good bit of walking, and stopped in a small garden, where it was obvious they were waiting till spring has sprung to pull out the larger flowers.

Building
One of the reasons I adore Balboa Park so much, the architecture. As San Diego was host to the 1915 Panama Exposition, and the 1935 California Pacific Exposition, a great majority of the buildings used during that time are left over. Many converted to museums.

Botanical Gardens
If any of you have a postcard from a friend in San Diego, chances are you have one of this beauty. It's the lovely Botanical Gardens! But sadly, it's closed on Thursdays, so next time I go, I'll get photos from the inside.

Crocheting!
I even had some time to get some crocheting done while I waited for my grandma to pick me up. Quite a few tourists stopped and stared in wonder. One lady complemented me for taking up 'a forgotten art.' I told her I do it because I love to, and it makes me happy. That made her smile, and it made my afternoon.

Have any of you visted anywhere nice lately? Take any photos? =o

Take care, and Happy crafting!

Labels: ,