Tons of knitting projects

I noticed I'm more productive the longer I'm around fellow crafty types. 
Case in point, when I hang out with my friend Jennifer. When we are together, we will knit, hang out in yarn shops, and talk about upcoming projects. We also help each other with confusing pattern parts, and be 'bad' influences to each other. 

Lately, I've been knitting a lot more. It's portable- I can knit on the trolley and in a waiting room- and super compact. I can also watch fun things on Netflix and TCM and work without extra noise in the background. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


I have some upcoming projects, and works in progress, and a finished object to share with you today. 

In the upcoming category, I fell in love with the gorgeous knitted blouse Squidneyknits made for Dita VonTeese, and I felt I needed one of my own. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


Bought the pattern from SubverisiveFemme's Etsy, and picked the yarn color, nice soft pink. 

Next, I've been coveting Susan Crawfords Stitch In Time books for ages. They've been out of print for some time, so I turned to my library. They didn't have Crawfords edition, rather the original 70s one. I photographed as many interesting patterns as I could, and chose the Light and Lovely as my go-to.  Thankfully I'm close to the standard knitting size of the 40's!

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


It will make up lovely in this blue. 


TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


I am not sure what the sweet potato-colored yarn will be, but I'm thinking something with cables?

I'm currently working on a cardigan that I might enter into the county fair if I play my cards right. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting



The cables are super fun and the pattern is easy to remember. I changed the length some, so I shall see how the button holes are effected when I get there. 

I also started on a sweater that will take me a lot of time to create. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting




I'm embarking on the Egyptian sweater, because I love myself and I love challenges. When Janey mentioned it on her blog ages ago, I knew I wanted to make it. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


Did I mention the colorwork is repeated on the back? Haha. I am in no rush to finish this. I might cheat and just do pyramids on the back, I dunno. 


TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting

I only finished one knitted item in 2016. The Victory beret that ByGumByGolly designed. I knit another for a friend, and hopefully will have a pattern review up in the coming days. 

TinyAngryCrafts, 1940s, knitting


So there's a lot of fibre in this post (haha I'm terrible I know), but it will all delightful vintage knits I will wear when it begins to cool off again. 

What are things you're currently knitting?
Do you enjoy vintage knits? 


Labels: , , ,