Vintage instructional films


Something I've been amusing myself with lately have been vintage instructional films. Most I'd see when I'd sneak and watch MST3K as a kid, but I figure as I've gotten older, I can appreciate them for what they were.

They're surprisingly interesting, from a historical standpoint, and many can offer some helpful tips on caring for ones body and hair, and even saving money. Granted you ignore a lot of the blatant sexism in some of them.


Body Care and Grooming

Good Grooming for Girls



Your Thrift Habits



I was annoyed I couldn't find a pair of Simplicity pattern videos (Not Pattern for Smartness) from the early 60's I believe. So, have this supermarket checker video.

How to be an effective supermarket checker






Do any of you have any videos that amuse you lately?
 Do any of you remember these videos?



Labels: