Works in Progress

Earlier in the year I told myself I'd make myself lovely pieces of clothing, and blog about it. I've been slowly doing the making part, but slacking with the blogging. So I figured showing some of what I'm working on would help.

Blouses

I'm sort of stuck on which fabric I should use for the blouse, though I could make two. The fabric on the left I received as a gift from a professor last fall semester, and it's incredibly soft, but quiet sheer. But, I'm sure a slip or nicely colored undershirt can help with that.

Simplicity dress

I originally intended to make this to see Casablanca during the TCM 20 event, but sadly the dress sat in a pile, and I actually never saw the movie that night. I was cleaning and found the instruction sheet, and I figured I can finish it up. It just needs sleeves, facing and hemming right now, so that can probably be done in a weekend.

circle skirt

I've been sitting on this circle skirt for a good bit of months, which is laughable considering how quick it is to work on a circle skirt from start to finish. But as of today, it's got the zipper installed. Just have to put the waistband, and hem it up. I think I'll work on it tomorrow, as I gotta have purple in the machine for a costume I'm working on.

I'm of course working on cosplay for SDCC, but photographing progress on those is a bit different. But, I will have oodles of selfies on my twitter and Instagram during the event, so be sure to check those out. I'll have a nice little blog post about it afterward, as I think you guys would be interested in that.

What are some of your works in progress? Are any of you going to Comic Con?

Labels: , , , ,