Lets Sew for Victory

Hello everyone!


I'm here with another thing to pull me from this crafting rut I'm currently in. I've been super busy with work in two project based classes- fashion selection, and fashion sketching, and I need a pick me up.
With my spring break around the corner ( and a lot of work to do in the above classes), I was pleased as punch to see that Rochelle was starting up her Sew for Victory sew along!

Now earlier in the month I entered Maries vintage pattern giveaway to get more people on her Vintage Pledge mission. I won a gorgeous 1940's blouse pattern, and the lightbulb went off in my head.

Sew For Victory and Vintage Pledge

So, here are my simple plans.

Blouse

I will use this vintage Simplicity 2382 pattern to make blouse view 3. I traced the pattern yesterday afternoon, and will figure what adjustments need to be made for it. I bought the lovely fabric at JoAnns earlier today, and it's currently in the dryer. I was drawn to the print, as it reminded me of feed-sack material.

Skirt

For my skirt, I'll be using Simplicity 3688. I've never used this pattern before, but I've heard a lot of people raving about the trousers pattern. One day, I'll make the entire ensemble. The fabric is a cotton bottom weight from JoAnns in the color called 'caviar' which had me giggling a bit in the aisle as I grabbed the bolt.

Muslin samples for both will be a definite thing, due to me being fairly short. I kindly asked my sister, and a friend to remind me to photograph my progress, so you all have something to look at.

Is anyone else going to Sew for Victory, or take the Vintage Pledge?

Labels: , , , , ,