Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Works in progress

Well, it's officially summer now! I am excited. Did anyone do anything special yesterday?
I did garden work, and did a bit of crocheting and knitting.


When I first figured how to make granny squares, I found it very relaxing, and a good way to use up scraps. I picked up making more of them these past couple of days, while digging through small leftovers from past projects.

Granny Squares

I'm not sure what I'll do with them once I get a sizable number. Maybe a purse? Maybe even a nice blanket once winter rolls around again.


I got a random idea at about 2 this morning to make an amigurumi. I doodled the design, and got to here.

WIP Amigurumi

I still need to work on it, and figure how I'll do a couple parts. I'll try to keep you updated.


Gryffindor WristWarmer

Harry. Potter. Wristwarmers. Enough said. I'll be knitting these up all the rest of my summer, I think. xD All of the houses, both styles. Fun times man.



And finally, I set this out last night to work on, but got distracted with Game of Thrones.
WIP Deer Headband

More Deer Headbands! :3 I intend to have at least four before I put them in the shop.

And another WIP, this blog. It's a constant WIP, and I need more motivation to work on it. Hopefully it'll strike soon, and not at 4am when I should be asleep.

Do any of you have some awesome WIPs? How are your summers so far?

Take care, and, happy crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Granny Squares are so adorable! I love granny square afghans! I'm almost tempted to learn to crochet to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a granny square purse right now! I'd love to make a blanket one day because like you said, the squares are relaxing and satisfying to make. It's just the idea of weaving in all of the ends that stops me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...